Prayer Requests and Gratitudes

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Accept the Invitation

Memorial of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
~~~Exodus 3:13-20 ~~~ Psalm 105 ~~~ Matthew 11:28-30 ~~~

Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened,
and I will give you rest.

This verse is frequently used as a retreat theme.
It is a verse that offers us great comfort.
Jesus invites us to come to him when we are worn down...
heavily laden with our problems.
He promises to give rest to all who come to him.

It is an invitation from the lips of Jesus directed to your heart.
The words of Jesus are pure, sincere and true.


During the conversation Moses had with God
God identified himself as...

 “This is what you shall tell the children of Israel:
I AM sent me to you.”

God uses the pronoun 'I' and the present tense 'AM'.

Normally this is the beginning of a sentence 
that one completes telling more about oneself.
God simply states it as who he is...
nothing more need be added.

God is the present...
when we bring our weary spirit to him he takes it 
upon himself each time we come to him.
There is no past or future in God...
there is only the present.

God is the "I AM"
for all ages far all peoples.

Jesus also speaks in 'I Am' statements.
I Am...
you can easily finish this sentence.
Later Jesus will ask Peter...
who do you say that 'I Am?'

Jesus invites you to bring your burdens to him.
He is with you now.
His presence is as real today as it was 
when he spoke to Moses from the burning bush. 

Come to Him
and let Him give you rest.

Blessings in resting with God.
~~~Peace~~~
Our Lady of Mount Carmel,
pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment