Prayer Requests and Gratitudes

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Ocean Blue Peace

~~~ Acts of the Apostles 14:19-28 ~~~ Psalm 145 ~~~
~~~ John 14:27-31A ~~~

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you.

Jesus gives us his peace.
He is the source and fount of all peace.
The only peace we can give to others
must come from the same source...Jesus.

When I am standing on the deck of a ship
 in the middle of the ocean peace is tangible for me.
We  recently had this experience onboard a ship.
The water was as calm as a lake,
at times it looked as if it was just a painting.
God's peace was all around us for as far as the eye could see.


When we are cruising many things bring peace to mind...
The soaring Albatross birds seem to glide
effortlessly in the sky alongside the ship. 
They catch the wind currents coming
 off the side of the ship and drift for awhile.

This reminds me of how we might think
of the peace coming to us from Jesus...
We should let his peace gently carry us, supporting us.
Can you rest in his peace, even if just for a few minutes?

The high seas are not always smooth and calm,
but when they are it is so peaceful.

Jesus gives us his peace.
It is here for us to access as often as we can.
I invite you to close your eyes and visualize an image of peace...
For me it is the blue ocean from the edge of the ship to the horizon.

May your stress be replaced with his peace.
He gives his peace to you.
There is no other source of peace.

Blessings of peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment