Prayer Requests and Gratitudes

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Boomerang...

~~~ Acts of the Apostles 18:23-28 ~~~ Psalm 47 ~~~ 
~~~ John 3:31-36 ~~~

I came from the Father and have come into the world.
Now I am leaving the world and going back to the Father. 
John 16:28

Jesus describes his existence in clear
black and white language.
He was not speaking in riddles.
He does not construct a parable to teach us about his origin.
He does not keep us guessing about where he was going.

Jesus was very precise he left nothing in the gray area.
We sometime prefer to avoid people who are
black and white.

If we look closely at Jesus we will see that his life
was not characterized as black and white.
He went about crossing the lines...
pushing the envelope.


Jesus spent his public ministry reaching out to those
 on the fringe of their society.
He walked amidst sinners, tax collectors,
the crippled, and possessed.
A typical black and white person
 would have acted very differently.

We would not fair so well if God was black and white.
I am happy to just be a boomerang.
I believe that I was conceived with the blessing of God.
I am here on earth to live the best life I can possibly live.
I believe that I shall return to God in heaven. 

I want to be a boomerang and return to the presence of God.

God blesses us on our journey to return to him.
~~~Peace~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment