Prayer Requests and Gratitudes

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Divine Resemblance

~~~ Acts of the Apostles 13:44-52 ~~~ Psalm 98 ~~~ John 14:7-14 ~~~

Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me...

How many times have you looked in the mirror and thought...
I am turning into my mother/father?
It happens too often for some...like my own children.

If I look at the baby pictures of my sisters and brothers
it is nearly impossible to tell us apart.
Family traits are definitely passed down
 from generation to generation.

There are computer software products that can take
 the image of a person and simulate their aged appearance.
There is even an app for your phone called 'aging booth'
 that will age your face right before your eyes.
Of course this is only for a few laughs.

When I think of God the Father and God the Son
it is not much of a stretch of the imagination
 to see the resemblance of the Son and the Father.
With God we look beyond the possible physical appearances
and go much deeper into the divine resemblance.
The Son is one with the Father in all ways.


...whatever you ask in my name, I will do,
so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 
If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it.

When you come to Jesus with prayers and requests
it is equivalent to going to the Father.
Jesus and the Father are one 
there is no need to pray to each one separately.
Which person of the Trinity you pray to most frequently
is a personal preference.

All that Jesus says and does is to glorify the Father...
they are one in the same.
Jesus doesn't have a daily briefing with the Father 
so that they can compare notes about you.

We do indeed have a most awesome God.
Jesus wants you to come to him.
Jesus wants to grant your requests...just ask.

Blessed with a listening Triune God.

~~~Peace~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment