Prayer Requests and Gratitudes

Friday, June 15, 2012

Sacred Heart of Love

The Solemnity of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus

~~~ Hosea 11:1, 3-4, 8c-9 ~~~ Eph. 3:8-12, 14-19 ~~~ John 19: 31-37 ~~~

Hosea is speaking inspired words about God's providential care given to him by God.
God uses these words in order for us to get a clear picture of who he is...our God.
God is using nation of Israel as his example, but we can actually use our name to replace Israel.

"...When Israel was a child I loved him,
out of Egypt I called my son.
Yet it was I who taught Ephraim to walk,
who took them in my arms;
I drew them with human cords,
with bands of love;
I fostered them like one
who raises an infant to his cheeks;
Yet, though I stooped to feed my child,
they did not know that I was their healer."

Below is my rendition of the Hosea prayer:

When you were a child I loved you,
out of darkness I called you, my daughter/son.
Yet it was I who taught you to walk,
who took you in my arms;
I drew you with human (umbilical) cords,
with (wedding) bands of love;
I fostered you like one
who raises an infant (you) to his cheeks;
Yet, though I stooped to feed you, my child,
you did not know that I was your healer.

I knit you into your mother's womb.
I have loved you with an everlasting love.
I will never leave you.

"...For I am God and not a man,
the Holy One present among you;
I will not let the flames consume you."

With St. Paul we too have been given grace
"...to bring to light for all what is the plan of the mystery
hidden from ages past in God who created all things,
so that the manifold wisdom of God
might now be made known..."

Today we celebrate the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
How would you commemorate the heart of a person?
The heart is actually the center of what makes us human. When the Word became flesh he gave eternal life to the heart. The heart may be more important than the brain.
The heart holds what we love inside hidden from all others.

God the Father sent Jesus to earth, gave him a human heart.
God placed within the human heart of Jesus his love for each one of us...
yes even you.
God knew his love incarnate in the body of Jesus would
compel him to the greatest of all love. This great love would ultimately
carry him to the cross. 
His Sacred Heart would be crucified, crowned with thorns,
and pierced all for the love of us.



Join me in praying that we may be
 "...strengthened with power through his Spirit in the inner self,
and that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith;
that you, rooted and grounded in love
may have strength to comprehend with all the holy ones..."

I invite you to pray the verses given to us from Hosea today.
Pray with wonder and awe for how God has loved you.
Allow yourself to be amazed that the Sacred Heart of Jesus
contained real love for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment