Prayer Requests and Gratitudes

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Wonderfully Made

~~~ Isaiah 49:1-6 ~~~ Psalm 139 ~~~ Acts 13: 22-26 ~~~ Luke 1: 57-66, 80 ~~~

If you hear nothing else from today's scripture take into your heart Psalm 139.

R. (14) I praise you, for I am wonderfully made.
O LORD, you have probed me, you know me:
you know when I sit and when I stand;
you understand my thoughts from afar.
My journeys and my rest you scrutinize,
with all my ways you are familiar.
R. I praise you, for I am wonderfully made.
Truly you have formed my inmost being;
you knit me in my mother's womb.
I give you thanks that I am fearfully, wonderfully made;
wonderful are your works.
R. I praise you, for I am wonderfully made.
My soul also you knew full well;
nor was my frame unknown to you
When I was made in secret,
when I was fashioned in the depths of the earth.
R. I praise you, for I am wonderfully made.


This is only part of this most beautiful psalm. The words of this psalm serve to remind us of the wonders of the human body. It is truly amazing how wonderful indeed are the details of each human cell.


Even in the Isaiah reading today we hear:
"The LORD called me from birth,
from my mother's womb he gave me my name."



 Pray with Psalm 139 today and give thanks.
Pay attention to the wonders of your body from head to toe...
inside and outside...
seen and unseen.

No comments:

Post a Comment