Prayer Requests and Gratitudes

Friday, May 4, 2012

...A Place for You

~~~ Acts of the Apostles 13: 26-33 ~~~ Psalm 2 ~~~John 14: 1-6 ~~~

" Do not let your hearts be troubled. You have faith in God; have faith also in me.
In my Father's house there are many dwelling places. If there were not, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you?"

Each time I read this scripture passage I recall a joke I once heard about St. Peter admitting souls into heaven with the advice to all non Catholics to walk quietly by a certain room because they, the Catholics, did not know anyone else was in heaven.

The visual of the Father having a house with many rooms is so realistic. I can picture a magnificent castle like structure surrounded by clouds and bright soothing light. Joyful music fills the air leading you across to bridge to the open door.

In preparing for house guests we usually prepare the guest bedroom before they arrive. We clean the room, put clean linens on the bed, I have even purchased new linens. We try to make things look and feel inviting for our guests. A few books or magazines, maybe even some fresh flowers. We have a rocking chair in our guest room.

If we go to all of this trouble to make one room beautiful, I can only imagine what Jesus has prepared for us. It is comforting to think we are expected.
We are expected to enter into heaven; we have been shown the way, by Jesus.

Jesus knows when to expect us and our room will be ready to receive us. I cannot think that once we get to heaven we will want to stay in 'our room' though.
We recently took a cruise. The first thing we did after finding our cabin was to go out and explore the rest of the ship. Exploring heaven will be like no other previous exploration. On the ship the promenade deck was like the central meeting place. I expect if there is such a central meeting place in heaven this is where we will be greeted by our loved ones. We might even have the pleasure of meeting those whom we never had the opportunity to meet while on earth.



Have faith in God...Do not let your hearts be troubled.
There is a place just for you...all that you need to be happy will be there...
Your room will be decorated just for you...you will feel at home there...
you will be at peace there...
In this place prepared especially for you by Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment