Prayer Requests and Gratitudes

Thursday, May 10, 2012

JOY...the Divine Intoxication

~~~ Acts 15: 7-21 ~~~ Psalm 96 ~~~ John 15: 9-11 ~~~

"I have told you this so that my joy might be in you and your joy might be complete."

Yesterday we have the words of God's peace and today we have the gift of joy.
Until today I have not given much thought about the joy of the Lord. His personal joy, that is. How is it possible to begin to imagine God's joy? I am not sure.

The dictionary on joy...
the emotion of great delight or happiness caused by something exceptionally good or satisfying; keen pleasure; elation.

I guess we can only have the experience of complete joy when we are in the presence of the Lord. Does this mean we must wait until after death?

I certainly have had many times in my life I would describe as joy-filled experiences.
My wedding day or the birth of our children, but do these represent complete joy?
Is complete joy different for each person?

I think perhaps we have the ability to create joy in our lives through the choices we make every day. I believe we can chose joy. We can keep our eyes and ears open to those things in our environment that are exceptionally good.

When something is complete there is no need for more. Complete is being whole...when we have the joy of the Lord we will surely be complete. There will be nothing more; all the pieces of our life will came into place as they were meant to be...
It is then that we will be filled with the emotion of great delight...Joy.



The joy of the Lord is proclaimed all around us...look for it...
acknowledge its presence in you life.
Celebrate the joy...imprint it on your heart...
remember it in times of darkness.
The Joy of the Lord is a pearl of great price.
 I pray that your soul drink in the Joy of the Lord today.
The great Divine intoxication...
JOY

No comments:

Post a Comment