Prayer Requests and Gratitudes

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Here I am, Lord; No Matter What

~~~ Saint Bernard, Abbot and Doctor of the Church ~~~
~~~ Judges 11:29-39A ~~~ Psalm 40 ~~~ Matthew 22:1-14 ~~~

Here I am, Lord; I come to do your will.

This is popular retreat theme.
It is good for us to be confronted 
with this verse many times a year.

We all desire to do the will of God,
but so many times life gets in the way.

When life is going well ;
all of the puzzle pieces seem to fit together.
Then we can say with ease and confidence...

Here I am, Lord; I come to do your will.

Those are the easy days...the days when 
we don't hesitate to do the will of God.
Then along comes a day with a few speed bumps in the road.
A speed bump requires that you slow down or else 
you will damage your car.

Even on those days we can still say...
Here I am, Lord; I come to do your will.

Life may offer more benefits when we encounter a few speed bumps.
We can look at this opportunity to focus on what 
doing God's will actually involves. 


As the days of our lives continue we get distracted;
we forget about this verse...
Here I am, Lord; I come to do your will.

We cruise down the road of life with a million things
 on our mind and no time to focus on God.

And then as we are on cruise control 
another car enters into our lane;
suddenly we are involved in an accident.

Our cruise control life has just been abruptly interrupted.
We are derailed.
God is there beside you, but you do not see him.

Here I am, Lord; I come to do your will.

Now we become fixated on our will, we are upset.
We may even unconsciously forget about our desire
 to do the will of God. 

We can only pray this verse consistently if we practice humility.

Here I am, Lord; I come to do your will.

God's will sometimes conflicts with our will.
I invite you to make this verse part of your 
morning prayers and routine.
Greet each day with the commitment in your heart;
no matter what this day may bring 
chose to accept it as God's will.

When you are invited to the banquet table of the Lord
it is with joy and humility that we can accept.

Let humility be your RSVP to the Lord.

Blessings to live in God's will for your life.
Saint Bernard, pray for us.
~~~Peace~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment