Prayer Requests and Gratitudes

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Everyone Who Acknowledges...

Blessed Kateri Tekawitha, a Native American, 
will become the third American-born saint to be canonized
in October of this year.

Isaiah 6:1-8 ~~~ Psalm 93 ~~~ Matthew 10: 24-33 ~~~

"....Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying,
"Whom shall I send? Who will go for us?"
"Here I am," I said; "send me!"

"...Everyone who acknowledges me before others
I will acknowledge before my heavenly Father.
But whoever denies me before others,
I will deny before my heavenly Father."

What would it take for you to live your life worthy of sainthood?
That is a really big question, but one we really should be regularly asking ourselves.
We should all be striving toward sainthood; that is truly our call from the Lord.

Kateri Tekawitha answered that call through her life of devotion and service.
Even if we are never formally canonized,
 we can still strive to become holy in our daily lives.

Every day we are each invited to answer the question,
Whom shall I send?
When we serve others in any capacity for the Lord we are indeed answering...
Here I am, Lord.
We cannot sit around and just be spectators saying, "Woe is me, I am doomed..."
You cannot look around and expect someone else to do when God is calling you.
You cannot pretend you do not hear the call either.
Sooner or later God gets your attention.
He directs his finger into your heart and grabs hold of you.

 "Therefore do not be afraid of them.
Nothing is concealed that will not be revealed,
nor secret that will not be known."

God will provide all that you need to answer his call.
He will lead, guide, and protect you just as the good shepherd tends his flock.

He will never call you and then abandon you. That is not the way of the Lord.
But he also does not make the promise that answering will be easy.

When you say 'okay God, I will go' be prepared to accept
and surrender to whatever comes along.
Do not be afraid to serve the Lord.
He knows your inner most being and has even counted
every hair upon your head.
He is attentive to the smallest of detail.
Take just one hair from your head and trust that God cares for you
even in the smallest way.
How important is one hair? They fall out of our heads every day
and for the most part go unnoticed.

(Bless those who loose their hair due to chemo)

It does indeed take faith to say,
"Here I am," I said; "send me!"

No matter how small, unworthy, unprepared, or insignificant you
may feel; you can say,
"Here I am, send me!"

Blessed Kateri Tekawitha, pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment