Prayer Requests and Gratitudes

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Endorsed By The Father

~~~ Exodus 32:7-14 ~~~ Psalm 106 ~~~ John 5:31-47 ~~~

Jesus said to the Jews: 
“If I testify on my own behalf, my testimony is not true.
But there is another who testifies on my behalf,
and I know that the testimony he gives on my behalf is true.

Jesus did not come to toot his own horn.
Jesus did not have a teleprompter
 to coach him in his preaching.
Jesus did not have social media
to keep up with his popularity.

 Jesus had the testimony of God the Father.
Remember the Baptism of Jesus
and the Transfiguration events?
God spoke from the cloud of Jesus being his beloved Son.
God tells us to listen to the words of Jesus.

Jesus did not speak on his own;
he came to do the will of the Father.


The works that the Father gave me to accomplish,
these works that I perform testify on my behalf
that the Father has sent me.

Everything Jesus does comes through the Father.
They are united. They are one.

You search the Scriptures,
because you think you have eternal life through them;
even they testify on my behalf.
But you do not want to come to me to have life.

God sent Jesus to reconcile us to himself.
Jesus came for us so that we might believe that God
wants us to have life eternal.

Those who survive on the Scriptures but
continue to turn away from the person of Jesus
are surely to be disappointed.

The Old Testament contains
 inspired texts from the prophets
foreshadowing the coming of Jesus
yet many did not believe.

Jesus says if you did not believe
Moses and the prophets
then why would you now believe me?

God himself endorsed Jesus
as the one to whom we must listen.

If you listen to the teachings of Jesus
you will be Blessed to humbly follow him.

God sent Jesus to us...for us.
~~~Peace~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment