Prayer Requests and Gratitudes

Friday, September 26, 2014

A "Time" to Answer the Question

~~~ Ecclesiastes 3:1-11 ~~~ Psalm 144 ~~~ Luke 9:18-22

There is a time for everything under the sun.

There is an appointed time for everything,
and a time for every thing under the heavens.

These eleven verses from Ecclesiastes put all things into context.
We have no need to be anxious about our everyday life.
There is a time for everything...
a time for happiness, a time for sadness,
an allotted time to do all things...
to experience all things...
Maybe you have a bucket list...maybe you are wondering
 if you have the time to get to each entry.
When I was working I tried to set a specific time for certain tasks.
I would try to be very organized and timely.
Do you think one can be too organized...and over scheduled?
At some point you must prioritize.
What is really important, what can be left for another time
and what can be omitted completely.


In today's Gospel we have the familiar question posed by Jesus...
“But who do you say that I am?”

Having written about this verse many times before on this blog;
I was wondering. Do you think the answer to that
question has anything to do with the time of your life?
In other words, when you are older is your answer different
 than when you were young?

I would have to say yes.
When I was young I am not sure I had a very clear concept
 of who Jesus was other than what my holy cards depicted.
 He was not a real person to me.
He was laying in a bed of straw, he was nailed to a cross,
he was raised from the dead. That was pretty much all I knew.

Now that I am older I can look back and identify times in my life
that began to reveal the person of Jesus to me.

There is an appointed time for everything...

Maybe we are presented with this question
so often in our readings precisely
 so that we can stop.. so that we can take the time
 to survey our current position...
to search our heart and soul for the answer.

If each time we can see a change in our answer then
 we are growing in our relationship with Our Lord. 
If we are not in a close relationship with Jesus
 then we are not even in a position to answer the question.
Maybe you cannot even relate to the question.

There is an appointed time for everything...

Today it is time to spend the time...take an inventory of your heart.
A time to get out of your head and into your heart.
Who do you say Jesus is today, right now?
Blessed to know that tomorrow I can be better.
Blessed to know that today I can be better than I was yesterday.
Look into your heart and find your answer.
~~~ Peace~~~

2 comments: