Prayer Requests and Gratitudes

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Worry Versus Trust

~~~ 2 Corinthians 12:1-10 ~~~ Psalm 34 ~~~ Matthew 6:24-34 ~~~
 
...do not worry about your life...
 
...Are not you more important...
 
....will he not much more provide for you...
 
...So do not worry...
 
...Do not worry about tomorrow; tomorrow will take care of itself...
 
No matter how many times in the same passage
we hear about having faith and trust,
we still worry.
 
Worry robs you of the present moment in time.
When we worry we are in effect saying we do not believe
God will take care of us or our loved ones.
 
We do see how all of nature is provided for by God,
but we see our state as different.
We pretend to take all the credit for our well being.
The truth is we only work in concert with God.

Ask God to remove the plague of worry from your life.
Instead entrust your would be worries to God.
He is always there listening. 
 
 
I recently received this in an email.
It has a beautiful message about embracing the present...
living in the present.
 
I AM
 
I was regretting the past
and fearing the future
Suddenly my Lord was speaking:
My name is I AM.
When you live in the past,
with its mistakes and regrets,
it is hard. I am not there.
My name is not I Was.
When you live in the future,
with its problems and fears,
it is hard. I am not there.
My name is not I Will Be.
When you live in this moment,
it is not hard. I am here.
My name is I AM.
(Helen Mallicoat)
 
Does your worrying remove any of your fears?
I admit I am guilty at times of worrying about things that never come to pass.
Being prepared for the unforeseen event is not the same
as worrying about what could happen.
The time we spend worrying will never make a difference in the future.
The real blessings lie in trusting in the present.

No comments:

Post a Comment