Prayer Requests and Gratitudes

Friday, October 5, 2012

Okay, God, I Get It

~~~ Job 38:1, 12-21; 40:3-5 ~~~ Psalm 139 ~~~ Luke 10:13-16 ~~~
 
The Lord speaks to Job out of the storm.
Job is suffering...he has been stripped of most
everything that gave purpose to his life.
In the middle of the storm,
where we would rather not find ourselves,
God speaks.
 
Living in an area where we are subject to periodic hurricanes
I know in the center there is a circle of peace and calm.
 
God speaks to Job out of the storm.
But God does not need to come from the eye of the storm.
God is powerful to move about freely within the storm.
God is powerful to halt the turbulence.
 
Throughout the book of Job God has demonstrated his power and might
until finally Job surrenders completely.
 
Then Job answered the LORD and said:

"Behold, I am of little account; what can I answer you?
I put my hand over my mouth.
Though I have spoken once, I will not do so again;
though twice, I will do so no more."
 
Job is in effect saying to God...
'Okay God, I get it. I will just be quiet and stand in awe of you.'
 
Psalm 139 confirms that God has formed our inmost being.
He has made us wonderfully.
There is no place that we could possibly go to escape his presence.
 
Instead join the psalmist in singing...
Guide me, Lord, along the everlasting way.

 
God is always present for us, but we do not always call on him.
Too often we actually push him away.
I strongly encourage you to read the book of Job.
Make a note to yourself.
When you are in the storms of life
if you do not hear God cry out to him.
Beg him to let you see him and hear his voice.
 
Guide me, Lord, along the everlasting way.
 
Beg him to let you rely on him.
He has made you wonderfully.
He has known you from your very beginning.
He knit you in your mother's womb.
Peace, my dear readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment