Prayer Requests and Gratitudes

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Ask...Seek...Knock

The Year of Faith begins today
Dear Lord, increase my faith so that my doubts will be
transformed through your love and grace.
 
~~~ Galatians 3:1-5 ~~~ Response from Luke 1 ~~~ Luke 11:5-13 ~~~
 
Jesus speaks directly to each of us with his profound words today.
I can imagine him standing before me as I struggle to formulate
my feeble words of prayer.
 
"And I tell you, ask and you will receive;
seek and you will find;
knock and the door will be opened to you.
For everyone who asks, receives;
and the one who seeks, finds;
and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened..."
 
Why, Lord, am I always asking something of you?
Why, can I not just be content and satisfied with what you have
thus far bestowed on me?
What am I looking for?
You are with me. I live and move and have my life in you.
Where is this restlessness leading my heart?
The doors are many; which one should I knock upon?
Which one is the door meant for me?
Are all the doors entryways into the same room?
I am standing at the door...
Sometimes afraid and reluctant to knock.
What if you actually do open the door, then what?
Will I have the conviction to walk through?
Will I have the strength to cross over the threshold?
 
I know you have answered my prayers so many times during my life.
How many times have I received without noticing?
How long will you be patient with me, Lord?
 
I believe your words spoken to us today.
I believe you do answer each and everyone of my prayers,
even if I may not be able to grasp your answer.
 
"...If you then, who are wicked,
know how to give good gifts to your children,
how much more will the Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit
to those who ask him?"
 
Certainly all that I have comes as gift to me, freely given.
There is no way I could earn your blessings.
 
 
There are times when I have experienced the presence of the Holy Spirit in my life.
Those times have been wonderful and touched my soul deeply.
I am committed to remain true to the faith that has sustained me
thus far on my journey. 
 
"...Does, then, the one who supplies the Spirit to you
and works mighty deeds among you
do so from works of the law
or from faith in what you heard?"
 
Reading the scriptures and reflecting on their message daily
keeps me ever mindful of the wonders and blessings
given to us by our loving God.
 
If you do have faith you can move mountains and open doors
because you are never walking alone.
 
May God continue to answer your prayers and mine
even when we want to say,
'Really God?' 

No comments:

Post a Comment