Prayer Requests and Gratitudes

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

...Be at My Side

Feast of the Guardian Angels
 
~~~ Job 3: 1-3,11-17, 20-23 ~~~ Psalm 88 ~~~ Matthew 18: 1-5, 10 ~~~
 
Matthew quotes Jesus alluding to our angels as always
looking upon the face of God.
 
"See that you do not despise one of these little ones,
for I say to you that their angels in heaven
always look upon the face of my heavenly Father."
 
If we have our own angels as a child then certainly that angel would remain
with us for the rest of our lives.
I like to think of my guardian angel as slightly partial toward me.
I believe our guardian angels are always with us watching over our safety.
 
Now that I am traveling every week I have called on my guardian angel
to be my travel companion.
I feel safe as I envision my guardian angel perched atop the 'blue bus'.
Swoosh! The wings surround us and we are on our way.
 
Job is lamenting and questioning why he was even born.
His life seems so miserable.
Job is not able to see what God has planned for his wretched life.
 
"...Those whose path is hidden from them,
and whom God has hemmed in!"
 
 
God sends our guardian angels to minister to our hearts when we cannot see clearly.
Our guardian angels bring the light of God to shine around us.
When we feel that we are in the dark our guardian angels hold us in God's light.
 
When things in life are not going well it is comforting to me
to know that my guardian angel is looking out for me.
Today in our world it can be difficult to tell who is on your side...
who will act on your behalf.
 
While we cannot actually see our guardian angels
 they will always have our best interest as a priority.
 
This guardian angel prayer has been around for a long time.
Maybe you even prayed it when you were child.
 
Guardian Angel Prayer
 
Angel of God,
My Guardian Dear
to whom God's love
commits me here.
Ever this day
be at my side,
to light
and guard
and rule and guide.
Amen.
 
At least for today make the intention to be more aware
of your Guardian Angel.
Thank him/her for watching over you and
keeping you safe.
Ask your Guardian Angel to walk beside you in times of distress.

No comments:

Post a Comment