Prayer Requests and Gratitudes

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Leaving the Body Behind

~~~ Hebrews 10:19-25 ~~~ Psalm 24 ~~~ Mark 4:21-25 ~~~

...let us approach with a sincere heart and in absolute trust, 
with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience 
and our bodies washed in pure water.

Sometimes life throws out a curve ball
and you are not fully prepared so it hits you
in the head and then you see stars.
Here is where I find myself...a dying father in law,
a husband who just retired along with many other responsibilities
A sincere heart is the only way I know how to function in life.
Trusting that all will be well is something that I diligently practice.

So why am I finding myself being smacked in the head?
I must keep reminding myself that if I am doing
the will of God he will do more than his part.
God will provide...I need to make this my mantra fro the next few days.
I did answer his call...I did say here I am Lord.
But I did not bargain for this curve ball of hospice.
I am not afraid of death. I have had many such experiences in my life;
it is the timing this time that has me so distraught.


My dear father in law's body is distorted beyond what anyone person
 should have to endure, but I see within him a person that I want to
extend my love and kindness.
To lift his head gently from the pillow
 so he can take a tiny sip of water.
To stroke his forehead with a gentle touch.

Soon the Lord will take away his pain...heal his body...
reunite him with the love of his life, whom he has been missing
 for more years than he cares to count.

Lord, this is the people that longs to see your face.

While he is not a religious man I believe
 he does long to see the face of God.
I believe he longs to leave his wretched aged body behind...
to finally be free of this world.

We have been Blessed to have this man for 93 years,
may God take him home in a loving calm manner.
May we, his family, be granted peace
in letting him return to his heavenly home.

God Bless, Homer.
~~~Peace~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment