Prayer Requests and Gratitudes

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Words Not Required

~~~ Isaiah 55:10-11 ~~~ Psalm 34 ~~~ Matthew 6:7-15 ~~~

So shall my word be
that goes forth from my mouth;
It shall not return to me void,
but shall do my will,
achieving the end for which I sent it.

All living things are created to produce and to bear fruit.
The word of God is living and also produces fruit.
Chapter 55 of Isaiah is titled 
An Invitation to Grace.

God does not want us to worry about the things of this world.
He wants us to trust him.
He wants us to listen to his word.
He sends down the rain to water the land.
He makes the seed sprout into grain for bread.

He does not expect us to understand all that he does.
He is there behind the scenes
 just as the lighting and the sound technician
 is to a stage production.

His ways are not our ways and they never will be.
God thinks and acts on a much grander scale than we possibly could,
even if we wanted to.
God does not have limits, but we often attempt 
to place boundaries around him.
God is limitless and boundless
 in his capacity to cover us with his grace.

It is through this grace that we are able to 
live in a manner that gives him glory.


 ...do not babble like the pagans,
who think that they will be heard because of their many words.
Do not be like them.
Your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

We seem to rely on the crutch of our words during prayer,
when in reality it would be just as effective to
merely sit in the presence of the Lord and open up our heart.

Lord, search the depths of my heart for you
 alone can fill my longings.
You know everything that I need to thrive.
I believe your grace is sufficient to carry me each and every day.

Blessed to be given the words of the Lord's prayer.
These words serve as a reminder that I am here to do your will.
I am here to strive to live up to your expectations of me.

Even though at times it seems that I do indeed babble;
I love you with my whole mind, body, and soul.
No words are required for God to hear us.
Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment