Prayer Requests and Gratitudes

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Create the Space to Receive

~~~First Sunday of Advent ~~~
 
~~~ Jeremiah 33:14-16 ~~~ Psalm 25 ~~~ 1Thessalonians 3: 12-4:2 ~~~
~~~ Luke 21:25-28, 34-36 ~~~
 
To you, O Lord, I lift my soul.
 
Your ways, O LORD, make known to me;
teach me your paths,
Guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my savior,
and for you I wait all the day.
 
To you, O Lord, I lift my soul.
 
As we begin the solemn time of Advent
we are reminded to strengthen our hearts.
A strong heart is fortified with love.
The Blessed Mother is a model for us of what it means to be vigilant
with a heart fully awake.
 
Imagine for a moment being prepared for the coming of the Lord in
mind, body, heart and soul.
With our mind, let us focus on preparing a place in our lives
where Jesus can reside.
Make a commitment to read the daily readings
thinking about what they are saying to you.
With our body, let us act in a manner that exemplifies our intent
to receive Jesus
in a new way during Advent this year.
With our heart and soul, create a sacred inner space where the Lord
is welcome to dwell.
Dedicate time to be still and consider what you are anticipating.
Are you really eagerly waiting for Jesus to be born again
within your heart?
 
With arms outstretched embrace this vision of welcoming Jesus
into your whole being...
...allow him to inspire your thoughts...
...allow him to be present through your actions toward others...
...allow him to be the joy in your heart...
...allow him to be the song in your soul.
 
 
"The days are coming, says the LORD,
when I will fulfill the promise..."
 
Wait for the Lord.
Be vigilant and strong.
Stand up straight and tall, for he is coming for you...
He is coming so that you might have life everlasting.
 
Be not afraid.
Open up your heart, mind, body, and soul.
Praise him with all that you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment