Prayer Requests and Gratitudes

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

How Does One See Clearly?

 ~~~ Memorial of Saint Francis Xavier~~~

~~~ Isaiah 11:1-10 ~~~ Psalm 72 ~~~ Luke 10:21-24 ~~ 
 
Turning to the disciples in private he said,
“Blessed are the eyes that see what you see...


Being a disciple of Jesus does have its privileges.
It also comes with responsibilities.
Jesus wants to make sure that the disciples
understand how lucky they are to be among his followers.
He reminds them that they are Blessed.

We too are blessed through the gifts of the Holy Spirit.
The wonders of the Son will spring forth from the stump of Jesse.

A tree stump appears to be dead...all traces of life gone.
This is where hope springs forth, from what appears to be dead.
When this stump shows signs of life there is rejoicing throughout the land.
Jesus is this new life...the perfect life,
filled with the abundant blessings of the Holy Spirit.

The Spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him...

Today we reference this passage for the seven gifts of the Holy Spirit.
These gifts are recognized at the time of our Confirmation.
They grow and continue to develop throughout our life.
 
 
I have the desire to see what is being made visible to me.
Some days I need the assistance of my corrective lens.
Some days it seems as if I have cataracts covering my eyes.
Some days my vision is blurry, cloudy;
things just seem out of focus.
It is those days in particular that I must remember
 to pray for more grace from the Holy Spirit.
  
 Today let us pray for those who have closed their eyes,
refusing to see what is being revealed to them.

Whenever I am able 'to see' something clearly for the first time;
that is when I know I am blessed.
Open the eyes of my heart, Lord.
I want to love like you.

No comments:

Post a Comment