Prayer Requests and Gratitudes

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Walk in His Presence

~~~ Genesis 22:1b-19 ~~~ Psalm 115 ~~~ Matthew 9:1-8 ~~~
 
God Bless America.
Home of the brave, land of the free.
 
 I will walk in the presence of the Lord, in the land of the living.
 
This is a wonderful psalm refrain in celebrating our country's independence.
 
Using verses from the daily scriptures I pray for our country.
We have made mistakes in the past with some of our laws
 and we will make mistakes in the future.
We are governed by humans who are frail and blinded
 by power and control.
Yes, as a country we are guilty of committing sins against
God's teachings of love.
But all is not lost in vain.
“Courage, child, your sins are forgiven.”
 
Jesus does forgive with one stipulation...go and sin no more.
God knows what is in the hearts of all of us, even those who do not profess to know him.
Jesus knew what they were thinking, and said,
“Why do you harbor evil thoughts?
 
Today is a good time to examine what evil thoughts
we do indeed harbor within the recesses of our heart.
Is it patriotic to condemn others?
Are we really the only ones who have all of the right answers?
 
“Where is their God?”
 I sincerely pray that we find the truth from God within our hearts.
I pray that no one has reason to look upon our nation and ask,
'where is their God?'
 
I place my trust in God, for he is the only one who can provide
what our nation longs for...
he alone is the giver of peace.
If we are to pass this peace on to others we must first possess it ourselves.
God himself will provide...
Are we capable of letting God love through us?

 
Here I am...
I come to love and support our beloved America.
I want to see the good in our nation.
I want to hear from the people who are making a difference
by truly spreading the gospel message of love. I pray this love will prevail over evil.
 
I am proud to be an American.
I cannot imagine living in any other country.
 
I invite you to place our country into God's hand.
Prayer is how we acknowledge God's presence in this land of plenty.
 
God, please continue to bless the United States of America.
Cleanse us of our past offenses.
Give our leaders your wisdom and courage in the laws they draft and pass.
 
We are called to follow Jesus...
this is the path flanked with abundant blessings.
God Bless America!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment