Prayer Requests and Gratitudes

Sunday, July 28, 2013

A.S.K...Ask, Seek, Knock

 
~~~ Genesis 18:20-32~~Psalm 138~~Colossians 2:12-14~~Luke 11:1-13~~~
~~~Seventeenth Sunday in Ordinary Time ~~~
 
From fifty to ten; Abraham keeps reducing the number of good people.
How many are too few for the Lord to save?
“For the sake of those ten, I will not destroy it.”
In reality it is probably fair to say
 if there was one good person left the city would have been spared.
God was listening to Abraham each time he spoke.
He never said to him be quiet you are bothering me.
He never said go away and leave me alone.
He never said this is my final decision I will not change it.
 
What does it mean to be innocent?
Today our courts sometimes send mixed messages.
Our laws are open to argument and interpretation.
Often it is confusing to determine the difference between
 innocent and guilty.
 
In the end it is only God who determines guilt or innocence.
God never says tell me your side of the story.
He already knows.
 
 
Suppose one of you has a friend...who says in reply...
‘Do not bother me; the door has already been locked
and my children and I are already in bed.
I cannot get up to give you anything.’
I tell you,
if he does not get up to give the visitor the loaves
because of their friendship,
he will get up to give him whatever he needs
because of his persistence.
Jesus simply says do not be discouraged; just keep asking...
keep seeking...keep knocking.
Jesus restores our hope, not just in him,
 but also in our neighbors.
 
Abraham hopes that the Lord will find
some good left in the city slated for destruction.
 
The friend hopes that the neighbor will find some
good within to help him.
God is always looking for the good in each of us.
He knows it is there even if it is hidden from others.
 
“Lord, teach us to pray just as John taught his disciples.”
 
Teach us to pray, Lord, because at times we are just not sure.
We sometimes question our ability to pray,
 when we do not received the answers we expect.
 
Lord, on the day I called for help, you answered me.
Three-fold Blessings...
Ask, Seek, Knock
You are never bothering the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment