Prayer Requests and Gratitudes

Thursday, July 18, 2013

The I AM Connection

 
~~~ Exodus 3:13-20 ~~~ Psalm 105 ~~~ Matthew11:28-30 ~~~
  
God replied, “I am who am.”
 
Taking those words at face value, God is present now.
For God the present is always right now.
God has not needed time since he began Creation. 
 
But we are very much united with our concepts of time.
It is hard for us to let go of what time means for us.
We are always making a reference to time.
We have a time for everything.
 
Today God tells Moses when they ask my name tell them....
I AM.
That hardly seems like a name.
It seems more like a state of being.
 
In school we learn about verb tenses and the different forms
 of a verb to use when denoting time.
 
So when God refers to himself as I AM; we may be puzzled.
 
God is telling us that he is indeed present right now.
We are to come to him in the now.
 
God was in the past days of our lives,
 but he wants us to focus on the present time.
God will be with us in the future, but the future is not here now.
 
If God has been present to Abraham. Isaac, Jacob, and Moses;
he is present to us right now in the same way.
 
In the present, God express concern for the people
he has chosen Moses to lead.
I am concerned about you
and about the way you are being treated in Egypt...
 
 God wants to change things now, not tomorrow.
We have a God of the present, there is no need to wait for him.
 
God wants us to believe, that he is with us all of the time.
There is only the present with God.
 
Go forward today from where you are, take God's hand
it is reaching out to you.
 
I will stretch out my hand...
 
If God is stretching out his hand to us
and we are living in the past or anxious about the future
we might miss it.
 
How many times have you been looking for something
that was there in front of you all along?
It happens to all of us. We even make jokes about how 'blind' we can be.
 
 
The gospel today is reminding us to make the connection...
If God is the I AM then he is also aware of our burdens.
 
“Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened,
and I will give you rest...
 
If God is the I AM then it should be easy to come to him with our burdens.
There is no need to look for him...he is present.
There is no need to fear that he has abandoned us...he is present...
his hand in outstretched towards you.
There is no reason to worry that God will not be with you,
because he never leaves you.
 
He is the great  I AM...
The only one who claims to be the I AM.
The very same God of all who gone before us.
The very same God who will be for all those who come after us.
 
The I AM God is the God of all ages...of all times...
for all peoples.
 
Most importantly he is the God for you, the God for me.
Ever Present...the one and only
I AM.
 
Blessings in confidently
 knowing that God is with you at every moment.
He is the all present God.
He is the God who stretches out his hand to you...
grab hold of it and you will find rest and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment