Prayer Requests and Gratitudes

Friday, August 10, 2012

Grace to be Selfless

~~~ 2 Cor 9:6-10 ~~~ Psalm 112 ~~~ John 12:24-26 ~~~

"God is able to make every grace abundant for you,
so that in all things, always having all you need,
you may have an abundance for every good work."

You cannot give what you do not first have yourself.
If we turn to God, it follows that we also believe.
He will give us all that we need to do good in this world.
As Paul sits down to write to the people of Corinth
he has experienced that which he writes.
Paul knows without a doubt that God bestowed upon him abundant graces;
otherwise he would have continued to persecute the Christians.
I have learned so much from St. Paul's life.

Paul was a passionate person. If he believed in something
he completely embraced it no matter what.
God saw these strong characteristics in Paul.
So he devised a plan to use these very strengths for his glory.
God filled Paul with the overwhelming desire to serve him.
Granted he had to knocked off his horse and blinded but,
 you do what you have to do sometimes.

The abundant grace of God sustained Paul
through many personal hardships.
His strong, determined character was fortified through God's grace.

So what does this have to do with us?
God looks at me (and you) sees my strong areas and gives me grace
to serve him through those strengths.
But God would not be satisfied to stop there.
No, he continues to fill us with his abundant graces.
Until his graces are overflowing into other areas of our life.
Imagine this abundant grace pouring over like a waterfall


With God there is always more he will bestow upon us.
With God, the low fuel light never comes on.
God is abundance!

"...Whoever serves me must follow me,
and where I am, there also will my servant be.
The Father will honor whoever serves me."

God gives us abundant grace
 so that we can find the strength within
to follow him.
Jesus came to serve in response to the will of the Father.

It would bring us closer to God if we could have this same
desire to serve others.
For it is in serving others that we in turn are actually serving God.

There is one word of caution here...
Selfless Service
is the main requirement.


I pray, Lord that I may be granted the necessary graces
to have a true and pure servant's heart.
Please, Lord abundantly bless my strengths
allowing these graces to overflow to where I am weakest.

If not for the Grace of God where would we be...really?

No comments:

Post a Comment