Prayer Requests and Gratitudes

Friday, March 3, 2017

Setting Expectations

~~~ Isaiah 58:1-9A ~~~ Psalm 51 ~~~ Matthew 9:14-15 ~~~

A heart contrite and humbled, O God, 
you will not spurn.

Ash Wednesday was just two days ago.
Marked with ashes we are reminded of how easy
 it is for us to loose our way.

It is now day three into Lent.
How are you doing?
Has your prayer life changed in any manner?


Sometimes we find ourselves not living up to expectations;
our own expectations and expectations of others.

How sincere is our desire for a heart 
contrite and humbled?

Personally I find my self re-evaluating 
my expectations over and over again,
especially when I feel that I am falling short 
of my own expectations. 

Lent gives us forty days
 to update and fine tune our spiritual expectations.

I invite you to put aside any expectations you may have 
for your Lenten journey and focus on all 
that God has done for you.

Setting unreasonable expectations 
set us up for failure.
Not meeting our ideal expectations 
gives us an excuse to give up.
If we give up on making our Lenten journey 
all that it might be is exactly what the devil wants.

During this time of Lent take one day at a time.
Each day is one more chance to come closer 
to the God who created you.

...seek me day after day,
and desire to know my ways...

The One who has unquestionable love for you.

Let go of your 'expectations'
come closer to God one day at a time.

May your Lenten journey be Blessed.

~~~Peace~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment