Prayer Requests and Gratitudes

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

You Knew My Soul

~~~  Nativity of Saint John the Baptist ~~~
~~~Isaiah 49:1-6 ~~Psalm 139~~ Acts of the Apostles 13:22-26~~~
~~~ Luke 1:57-66, 80 ~~~

My soul also you knew full well...

I have read Psalm 139 hundreds of times,
 but today these few words 
were as if I was hearing them for the very first time.

This is one of my favorite psalms...
praising God for the wondrous way that he made you and me.
His handy work is awesome.
Every part of our existence intimately and carefully created.
We are not engineered from an assembly line in a factory.
We have been created by God to be unique...
there is no one else like you,
no one else like me.
Even with identical twins there will be a slight difference.

What strikes me most today are those which are written about our soul.
I have believed for some time that before 
we ever came into this world we knew God.

My soul also you knew full well


If God knew my soul, then surely 
my soul must have had some connection with God

When it came time for Elizabeth and Zachariah
 to name the baby, they never thought they would have,
John was the chosen name.

“There is no one among your relatives who has this name.”

This child could not be named after any other relative,
because he would have a most unique role to play
 in the salvation of mankind.
He was the one sent to announce
 the arrival of the Messiah.

John, was the one who walked Jesus into the waters of the Jordan River.
John plunged Jesus into the waters baptizing him before others.
John was more than just a cousin to Jesus 
he was the opening act.
John cut the path...
John laid down the seeds of hope.
John made it possible for us to believe that Jesus was one of us...
while all the time knowing he was from heaven.

The birth of John opened the door 
for us to receive abundant Blessings from Jesus.

Blessed to be wonderfully made...
Blessed knowing...
my soul was known by God before I was born.
~~~Peace~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment