Prayer Requests and Gratitudes

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Who is God's Gift to You?

~~~ Memorial of Saint Boniface, Bishop and Martyr ~~~

~~~ Acts of the Apostles 22:30; 23:6-11 ~~~ Psalm 16 ~~~ John 17:20-26 ~~~

I pray not only for these,
but also for those who will believe in me through their word,
so that they may all be one...

We should always remember that Jesus is never far from our side.
He sometimes sends the most unusual person to represent himself.
In the case for Paul in today's reading,
 the very ones who were holding him prisoner
become the ones sent to save him. How unlikely is that?
When God keeps his promise to protect he uses all means at his disposal...
and since he is God anything is possible.
The commander had to protect Paul
because his own Scribes and Pharisees were fighting
among themselves....about their own differences.

Jesus says...
Father, they are your gift to me.
I wish that where I am they also may be with me,
that they may see my glory that you gave me...

Have you ever considered yourself to be God's gift to Jesus?
Have you ever prayed this prayer for one of your own loved ones?
Who in your life is God gifting to you?
Are you able to look upon this person as a gift?
Can you imagine telling your family...
'You are God's gift to me'?


Jesus loves us, his gift, that he wants us to be with him.
I have some people who love their pet
so much that they would not consider going anywhere without it.
That pales in comparison to how much Jesus wants us to be with him.
Jesus says, I want those you have given to me to be with me,
that they may see the glory you, the Father, has given to me.

I will make it known,
that the love with which you loved me
may be in them and I in them.

God sent his Son down to be one of us; he literally falls
so in love with us he want us to stay with him.
He cannot take us all at the same time up to heaven when he goes,
so he makes perfect arrangements for us to follow him.
One day we can all be together...all of his 'gifts' will be with him.

Could we be any more Blessed?
Filled with his personal love.
I think I like being his gift from the Father.
Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment