Prayer Requests and Gratitudes

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Guardian Angels: Do You Believe?

Memorial of the Holy Guardian Angels
 
~~~ Exodus 23: 20-23 ~~~ Psalm 91 ~~~ Matthew 18:1-5, 10 ~~~

For he commands his angels with regard to you,
to guard you wherever you go.
 
The thought of having my very own personal guardian angel is exciting.
Perhaps it is too child-like to even think that an adult
would still have a guardian angel,
but I choose to believe it is true.
I believe when you are conceived God gives your soul for safe
 keeping to your special guardian angel.
 
I do still call upon my guardian angel from time to time.
Especially when I am traveling; I ask my guardian angel
to envelope me in his/her vast wings.
It is almost like I am putting myself into a cocoon created by the angel wings.
Funny, I am not sure why we always picture angels with wings.
But if they need to get to us really fast at least they can fly.
 
I had a little second grader ask me once if I believed in angels.
I said, 'Yes. Do you?'
Of course he answered affirmatively,
proceeding to tell me how he had seen one.
I guess if you do ever see your guardian angel
that would make you a believer.
 
Here is the verse from the Gospel of Matthew if you want more proof.
 
“See that you do not despise one of these little ones,
for I say to you that their angels in heaven
always look upon the face of my heavenly Father.”

 
 
 
There is a saying that when you see a white feather
your guardian angel is near.
The last couple of days when looking out of the hotel window
 I have seen a single white feather drifting by very slowly.
This has happened before, but I had not given it much thought
since the laundry is just below our window.
Nevertheless it is a nice thought to be reminded
of my guardian angel.
 
I do not think of these heavenly creatures like I do of say
 the fairy godmother or the tooth fairy.
But just maybe if we can stop and consider our guardian angel
we can become one of those little children
Jesus calls to his side.
 
Sometimes there is comfort in not always having to be
 the sensible grownup.
 
In Europe, I forget exactly where we were, there is a huge etched glass
free standing work of just angel wings. I had a wonderful picture
taken standing in front of this glass work,
unfortunately I lost it when my laptop was stolen earlier this year.
Now it can only be a memory to cherish.
The larger than life angel wings fanned out way beyond my physical being.
 
See, I am sending an angel before you, to guard you on the way
 and bring you to the place I have prepared.  
 
You have a choice to either ignore your guardian angel or to
call on him/her for protection and guidance. 
 
For me I believe Blessings come as my Guardian Angel
surrounds me in his wings. 
I firmly believe that during the past thirteen months
my guardian angel has been ever present. 
 
 I thank God for sending me his angel.
In appreciation for the protection for I know I am never alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment