Prayer Requests and Gratitudes

Saturday, April 20, 2013

We Too Have Come to Believe

~~~ Acts of the Apostles 9:31-42 ~~~ Psalm 116 ~~~ John 6:60-69 ~~~
 
We continue to hear how the church is growing;
how it is strengthening believers.
 
'...She was being built up and walked in the fear of the Lord,
and with the consolation of the Holy Spirit she grew in numbers.'
Peter was blessed with the gift of healing and restoring life.
This was one of the gifts realized through
the Holy Spirit promised by Jesus.
These gifts were one of the ways
the presence of God remained real after the death of Jesus.
 
It is the Spirit that gives life, while the flesh is of no avail.
The words I have spoken to you are Spirit and life.
 
Peter had no power without the intercession of the Holy Spirit.
Just as Jesus gave credit to the Father for his miracles of healing.
 
Those who experienced healing either in mind, body, or spirit
would profoundly praise the name of the Lord.
 
To you will I offer sacrifice of thanksgiving,
and I will call upon the name of the LORD.
 
Once you have experienced this closeness of God
 how could you not want to call on his name?
But some did not. Some actually turned and walked away.
When people are confused and lack understanding
 they are more apt to make poor decisions.
 
Peter is able to profess his loyalty to Jesus;
convinced that Jesus had the words of eternal life.
 
 
My prayer is that I will have an equally strong conviction
in the living Spirit within my life.
 
I may not have been healed of a terrible illness
or raised from the dead,
but without the Spirit I would not amount to much.
It is the Holy Spirit who sustains my ability to do the work of God.
It  is the Holy Spirit I invite to give me the words
I write here everyday.
 
May you be blessed always in all ways.
Easter Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment