Prayer Requests and Gratitudes

Friday, March 22, 2013

Are Your Words and Actions Congruent

 
~~~ Jeremiah 20:10-13 ~~~ Psalm 18 ~~~ John 10:31-42 ~~~
 
If I do not perform my Father’s works, do not believe me;
but if I perform them, even if you do not believe me,
believe the works, so that you may realize and understand
that the Father is in me and I am in the Father.”
 
Jesus is defending himself with words
while simultaneously saying look at my actions.
If you cannot believe my words;
 can you at least consider what my actions are saying.
 
The word became flesh yet the words of Jesus are not taken seriously.
His words alone have cured the crippled right before their eyes.
He has repeatedly stated that he came to do the will of the Father.
 
Jesus was completely congruent with the words he spoke
and the actions he performed.
Even with this perfect complement he was condemned.
 
 
As much as I might try to have the right intention,
 my actions often fall short of the words I say.
 
Or my words do not reflect what should be in my heart.
We need to have constant reminders concerning our actions.
 
Actions do speak louder than, but in the case with Jesus
his actions coupled with his words was still not good enough.
 
We hear 'the truth will set you free'.
In the case with Jesus the truth in his actions and his words
condemned him to death;
only to set us free.
We have been saved by the truth...
the truth that no one could love us more than God loves us.
I pray that I will have the grace to think before I act.
I want my words and actions to be congruent
with the words and actions of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment