Prayer Requests and Gratitudes

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Rest in the Arms of the Shepherd

 
~~~ Hebrews 13:15-17, 20-21~~~ Psalm 23 ~~~ Mark 6:30-34 ~~~
 
The Lord is my shepherd;
there is nothing I shall want.
 
Today the concept of a shepherd is not very meaningful,
because we rarely even see one.
We live in cities surrounded by concrete and asphalt,
not in the grass covered countryside.
 
We must rely on what we are told about the care and concern
a shepherd has for his flock.
Or we can take the time to research into how much
in the olden days a shepherd truly cared for each of his sheep.
 
If we can trust that God is the ultimate Good Shepherd
then we can afford the luxury of
going away to rest for a while.
 
He said to them,
“Come away by yourselves to a deserted place and rest a while.”
 
Today I remember the many places around the world where war and violence
prevail. Where people can never find themselves able to go away.
Where they can never find a deserted place to rest.
How can there be rest when you live in the fear of being killed each moment?
 
I thank God that he has put me in a place where finding rest is possible.
 
 
I pray for those who are restless...
those who have lost there way...those who cannot see God as their shepherd...
those who cannot believe that God cares for them.
The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

No comments:

Post a Comment