Prayer Requests and Gratitudes

Sunday, February 10, 2013

I am Sustained by Your Grace

~~~Isaiah 6:1-2a, 3-8~~~Psalm 138~~~1 Corinthians 15:1-11 or 15:3-8, 11~~~Luke 5:1-11~~~

All of the earth is filled with his glory.
His splendor and his grandeur are more magnificent than that of any other King.
All the heavens cry out...
“Holy, holy, holy is the LORD of hosts!
All the earth is filled with his glory!”
In His presence, the praising flames purged all sinfulness.
So filled with joy, that joining the angels in singing his praises was all consuming.

We too can be so filled with joy and the love of God that when he calls out
we can hardly wait to answer...
“Here I am,” I said; “send me!”
Send me, Lord.
I want to dwell in your house all the days of my life.
I come to do your will.
Speak, Lord your servant is listening.
We are so eager to serve him that we nearly trip over our own two feet.

But by the grace of God I am what I am,
and his grace to me has not been ineffective.
We know that it is only through the abundant grace of God
that we can even consider serving him , praising him, or loving him.
It is through his grace that we have our being.
Without his grace we would be like a fish lying on the dry beach gasping for air.
His grace keeps us longing for more of it.
A fish is happy when he can swim freely in the abundance of water.



The disciples were happiest when they were catching an abundance of fish.
They were happiest when their nets were near bursting capacity.

We must lower ourselves into the deep waters of God's grace.
Here in his grace we will be safe.
Here in his grace we will not be afraid.
Here in his grace we can walk away from all of our earthly possessions
and follow him.

For he is holy and when he calls it is right that we should
 follow him without hesitation.

His grace has not been wasted on you.
When you have your greatest doubts his grace will come and fill your soul.
In the sight of the angels I will sing your praises, Lord
Your grace sustains me.

No comments:

Post a Comment