Prayer Requests and Gratitudes

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Stop Waiting for Lightning to Strike

 
~~~ Wisdom 7:22b–8:1~~~ Psalm 119 ~~~ Luke 17:20-25 ~~~
 
'...behold, the Kingdom of God is among you.'
The Kingdom of God was indeed with them; he was standing before them.
The presence of Jesus brought the Kingdom of God into the present.
The Kingdom of God was among them because Jesus was with them.
 
It really is the same today, except we cannot see Jesus with our human eyes.
Yet we are told that he is with us.
Is not the meaning of Emmanuel, God with us?
 
 
We are given flashes of the Kingdom of God everyday.
We are not given a Kingdom report as we are given a weather report.
We cannot pursue these flashes because they are erratic and unpredictable,
just as flashes of lightning in the sky.
We are given his promise to be with us always.
We are given faith to reinforce
our convictions in the presence of the Kingdom of God.
 
Let your countenance shine upon your servant,
and teach me your statutes.
 
 
Wisdom gives us all the tools we need to be strong in our beliefs.
I believe that I do see the goodness if the Lord revealed in our world today.
I believe that I shall see his face when I die. 
I pray that I will have the wisdom needed to be a participant
in manifesting the goodness of the Lord. 
 
If I can be Christ to just one person today it will be blessing enough.
 
 I invite you to read the words given to us
 in the book of Wisdom today.
Wis 7:22b–8:1

In Wisdom is a spirit
intelligent, holy, unique,
Manifold, subtle, agile,
clear, unstained, certain,
Not baneful, loving the good, keen,
unhampered, beneficent, kindly,
Firm, secure, tranquil,
all-powerful, all-seeing,
And pervading all spirits...
 
So much to reflect on from just these few verses.
God is with us now.

No comments:

Post a Comment