Prayer Requests and Gratitudes

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

O Rex Gentium~King of the Nations

~~~ 1 Samuel 1:24-28 ~~~
~~~ (Psalm) 1 SAMUEL 2:1, 4-5, 6-7, 8ABCD ~~~
~~~ Luke 1:46-56 ~~~

 O Rex Gentium 
(O King of the nations)

O King of all the nations, 
the only joy of every human heart;
O Keystone of the mighty arch of man:
Come and save the creature you fashioned from the dust.

My heart exults in the Lord, my Savior.

Hannah prays from the life of joy. 
She has given birth to a son, Samuel. 
She is obedient to God's plan.
Just as Elizabeth and Mary give birth to sons
according to the God's plan.

All three women filled with life 
sustaining fulfilling joy.

For us too; when we comply to the will of God
there is joy in our heart.
To allow God to form us into his design
means that we accept him as the King of our heart.

The O Antiphon reminds us that we were created from dust.
Jesus comes to save us; we will return to dust.


Mary said:
“My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord;
my spirit rejoices in God my savior.
for he has looked upon his lowly servant.
From this day all generations will call me blessed:
the Almighty has done great things for me,
and holy is his Name.

Mary's prayer, that we know as the Magnificat,
echoes the joyful prayer of Hannah.
Mary knew the scriptures she was familiar
 with the story of Hannah and Samuel.

I am the woman who stood near you here, praying to the LORD. 
I prayed for this child, and the LORD granted my request. 
Now I, in turn, give him to the LORD;
as long as he lives, he shall be dedicated to the LORD.”
She left Samuel there.

The scriptures tell us to make our requests known to the Lord;
just be sure you are ready to accept his answer.
The Lord answers all of our prayers.
Be vigilant. Wait patiently.
The answers come in God's time.

May the Blessings of the Lord
cause your heart to leap for joy.

The Lord is very near to us.

~~~Peace~~~
JOY
to the World!

No comments:

Post a Comment